Traffic Results For Alex Jeffreys Contest
The contest has officially ended and I am going to share my statistics from Google Analytics as well as a lesson that I have learned throughout this whole process, well actually a couple of lessons.
Here are my stats:
My visitors last week were 661. I had expected around 1,000 total visitors by the end of the contest so I didn’t do too bad in reaching that goal. The main thing is that I have a consistent flow of traffic and that is what I am most happy about.
What I had committed to last week was:
- More oil rig hopping to other internet marketing blogs – This I have become accustomed to and spend around 1-2 hours a day on. It is time consuming as you have to read all the posts as well as think of something valuable to put on your comment because you do not want to come off as spamming people and like Alex says “pimping” your own blog.
- Get more active in other internet marketing forums – I was not active on other forums but was still active on the forum for the coaching students. There is a fellow student of mine named Nick Stentiford who actually just received 6 subscribers in one day from being active in the Warrior Forum so it’s really been helping him and I need to definitely get in there and participate myself.
- Post 3 more articles on Ezine by the end of this week – Did not get this accomplished.
- Guest post to 1-2 more blogs by the end of the contest – Did not get this accomplished.
- Record another video and post it to YouTube by the end of the contest – Did not get this accomplished.
As you can see from my list above I did not accomplish three out of the five things that I had set out to do. What is the reason I here you ask? Is it because I didn’t feel that these were not important so I didn’t do them? No, that was not the case at all. Is it because I didn’t have the time to do them? Nope, not that either. It is because plans change and stuff happens which is one of the lessons I had realized this week. I had put these tasks on my daily to do sheets but they just kept getting pushed back by other things I did which I’ll let you know about in a minute. In addition, this past week was a very busy week for me as my son had his 9th birthday bash on Wednesday plus last week was the week before school started for the kids so I was busy getting their uniforms, school supplies and all the other things that they needed. Yes, the school year in the Philippines starts in June. These are not excuses by any means but the lesson that I learned which I hope you learn as well is that it’s ok if you don’t get everything accomplished that you had planned to. It’s also ok to take some time out for yourself, take a break, relax and have fun. I certainly did on the day of my son’s party as well as the day after. I had stayed up till the wee hours of the morning having fun times with my friends and decided to just chill out the following day. It was time that I needed for myself as I had been working really hard the last couple of weeks and was feeling really burnt out.
So what did I do instead:
- Created a personal Twitter account – You can find me here if you want to follow me. I just joined a week ago and as suggested by coach Alex we should primarily use Twitter to build relationships, although there are a lot of people who just spam it by automating it and getting a massive following then just sending out links to whatever they are trying to promote. I’m not saying automating is not a good idea, but I am trying it this way at the moment as I really do want to build good relationships with people. I have added people in the internet marketing niche, specifically the ones that Alex is following too and also my fellow students. I’m only following 27 people right now and have 229 followers so far just within a weeks time.
- I have recently begun studying Maria Andros and the way that she markets – For those that don’t know her just look her up and you’ll find her all over the place. She is specifically known as the “video marketing queen” which is her brand and suits her very well. She is so captivating and genuine and she really wants to help people. I was drawn to her because she is a woman entrepreneur and she wants to empower more women and like she says she wants to shake up this industry a bit. She feels there are not enough women stepping up to the plate and playing until now. I can relate to her and if I could have the success that she has that would be so amazing! I had added her to my Twitter account and had begun watching all of her videos on her YouTube channel. I had tweeted her a public message to say that I was watching all of her videos and that she was amazing. Well she then sent me a direct message saying “Thankyou Anna glad you are enjoying the videos Maria”. I thought wow how cool is that, she sent me a direct message. I don’t think that was automated so it felt really good to have her reply to me. I will be continuing to study how she markets because she is definitely doing the right things.
- Signed up to Listdotcom.com – On the coaching call that we had last week Alex mentioned creating a separate email account just so that we could go and subscribe to other guru’s list and see how they market, what they are selling as well as the emails they are sending out. I decided to start with Mike Filsaime as he is considered the godfather of internet marketing. After navigating through his website I found a list building service that he is offering and it had a free version in which I took advantage of. I can’t say that it has brought me traffic as yet but I have received a ton of emails from other people that are in the program that are promoting their own stuff or affiliate products. The system works by referring others and as you refer others you are allowed to start emailing other people in the program about your offer. I do not know how effective it is as this is my first time hearing and signing up for something like this but we shall see in due time.
- Joined a JV Giveaway – A fellow student of mine, Julie Fletcher is holding her own JV Giveaway event which I signed up to be a contributor. This will be my very first giveaway that I participated in and am anxious to find out how it turns out. I spent most of my day yesterday on a steep learning curve by putting up my 3 free gifts. Julie has graciously upgraded her fellow students for free. It took me awhile to learn how to do it but now just need to put my offers up too. I really need to focus on building my list and people say that this is a surefire way to start building your list if you don’t have one. I have been putting this off for awhile and am glad I have taken that step and now will look into entering more giveaways.
So although I didn’t do the things that I had set out to do I supplemented them with things that I knew needed to be done like list building and enrolling in the giveaway before it went live. Overall I am happy with the traffic I received and am thankful for all of my fellow students who came and visited my blog and left encouraging comments that kept me going. Lastly, it brings me to the last lesson I learned which this quote from the movie Field of Dreams says it best “If you build it, they will come”! I have worked hard for the last couple of weeks building my blog and am happy with my results thus far as I have built some great relationships and provided some value to my readers which is what it is all about. People have started coming and the traffic has been consistent. I will continue to build my blog and provide as much value as I can and I invite you to continue with me on this journey.
Filed under: Contest Progress
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!