Contest for Alex Jeffreys Coaching Students
Who wants targeted traffic to their website? Well I’m going to be one of those people that answers a question with a question. Who doesn’t want targeted traffic to their website? After all traffic is the source to making any kind of money on the internet and better yet if you get targeted traffic than you will start to see the money rolling in faster, as long as you have a great offer that will provide value to others.
Alex Jeffreys, my coach and mentor has challenged his latest coaching students to a contest to drive traffic not to the free webinar for our Easy Cash Webinar product but to our blogs. He has done this because he knows as newbies to internet marketing it is all about building an online presence and what better way to do that than to drive visitors wanting to know about us to our blogs in which we share our story, experiences and overall journey in the internet marketing world. This will be the key to our success as we will be building valuable relationships that everyone will be able to benefit from and also people like to buy from people who they know, like and trust.
Alex introduced the contest to us on a webinar that he hosted Monday May 10, 2010. Here are the details:
- Drive as much traffic to our blog in a 4 week period, starting May 10 – June 7
- A total makeover of our blog, along with a unique profit pulling platform made just for us, a value worth over $2,000
- Have to show proof through our Google Analytics stats
- Have to write on my blog how I’m getting traffic
We are 14 days into the contest with 15 days to go so we are in the halfway mark. I didn’t have a blog set up before the contest and the following day after he told us about the contest I immediately put my blog up. My first post was written on May 11th. I have written two other posts along with my story on my “about Anna” page and I have received so much support through comments from my fellow students which I am very thankful for. Thank you to all my fellow students for your encouragement and your interest in what I have to say! We have an absolutely great community and I know we will continue to grow, learn and succeed with each other. On top of that Mr. Alex Jeffreys himself came to visit my blog and left an awesome comment on my first post which has also encouraged me.
So lets get down to it! First let me show you my Google Analytics stats as of me writing this post. Here they are:
I’m not a stat genius but I’m pretty happy with my results so far. It’s a lot more than I’ve gotten on a couple of other blogs that I’ve put up, especially with only having it up for less than two weeks. In addition, I’ve really only concentrated on a couple of things to drive this traffic.
My traffic tactics thus far
- Forum Marketing – I started this on the forum Alex has solely for his coaching students. We didn’t have access to it until the same week he told us about the contest so along with building my blog I got active on the forum to help people as much as I can as well as encourage them and just cheer them on. I am not an expert by any means but being able to share what little knowledge I have to someone else makes all the difference in the world to me. In addition, I recently just signed up to the Warrior Forum a couple of days ago and I have to tell you, it takes a lot of time to read through all the posts people have because there are just so many people on it. Plus, it’s not as intimate and personal as the forum Alex has but it’s still a good way to meet other internet marketers.
- Oil Rig Hopping (aka visiting other blogs and commenting) – This is where I would say 80% of my time is spent on. I have commented to the blogs of most of the students in the class as I think it is always nice to support each other. In addition I have went to the resource Alex has given us for the Internet Marketing Top Blogs and made some comments. I didn’t do a lot of these but I hope to do more this coming week.
- On May 20 I submitted my blog to the following blog directories: Yahoo, Eaton Web, Blog Frog, Blog Flux, My Blog Log, Blogged, Blog Catalog, & Liquida.
- On May 21 I signed up for a Feedburner RSS Feed and submitted my RSS Feed to: Guzzle, WeBlogALot, Blogoriffic, Feedzie, Feed Nuts, Xmeta, Hot vs. Not, Solar Warp, RSS Network, Technorati, Blog Digger & Globe of Blogs.
Please keep in mind that the blog directories and rss directories I have listed are just some of the many directories they have out there. So choose which ones you like and submit to them.
Traffic tactics I will be implementing
- More oil-rig hopping but to other internet marketing blogs.
- Guest posting to at least 3-5 other blogs by the end of the contest.
- Submit my articles to Ezine and write 3 more by the end of this week.
- Record a video and post it to YouTube and my blog by the end of this week.
- Create a Squidoo lens page by the end of this week.
I will be implementing other traffic techniques as I learn them but I wanted to focus on just a couple at at a time. I will also update my status on the contest in a weeks time and also at the end of the contest to let you know where I stand.
I hope I have helped you in giving you some of the things I have implemented. This contest is an awesome way to spark action among the students but it can be applied to anyone wanting to get targeted traffic to their webiste or blog. Do understand that it does take time and as long as you make it a focus to work on getting traffic daily then you will have been farther down the road than you were to begin with so take action now! Also, if you have a unique way in which you drive traffic please share as we can all benefit from the information.
To your traffic success!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!